Homemade beauty products are awesome. Why? I’ll tell ya.
- Natural ingredients – You know exactly what’s in them and don’t have to worry about weird chemicals on your skin.
- Custom made for your skin. You can tweak the ingredients to make products that work well for you.
- It’s often cheaper than buying name brand products from a store.
- No animal testing.
- You get the satisfaction of making something yourself!
This is a recipe for a really great exfoliating scrub. It’s super easy and makes your skin feel soft and moisturized. And olive oil is great for your skin. Just ask the ancient Greeks.
- 1 ½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar
- Optional: vanilla or essential oil if you want a scent
Just mix all these ingredients together. Wash and dry your face, use this as a scrub, and then rinse off. Try this on your hands first so you can alter the ingredients to your skin type (if your skin feels slippery, add more sugar to balance out the olive oil). The scrub should have a mushy consistency and not be too liquidy or grainy. This makes a good amount to use on your face, but if you make more it can also be used on your whole body. I suggest using your scrub on the same day that you make it. If you wait until the next morning it is a little bit watery, but still alright to use, but I wouldn’t leave this out for more than a day.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (: